Junior Achievement of San Diego Welcomes New Board of Directors Members
March 20, 2014
Please join Junior Achievement of San Diego in welcoming new members to its board of directors.
- Andy Warren, Partner, Moss-Adams LLP. Warren is an audit partner at Moss-Adams LLP and serves businesses in the technology, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics/distribution industries including global-branded consumer products. He leads financial statement assurance engagements and has significant global financial statement audit and advisory experience. He has extensive background in revenue recognition, share-based compensation, business combinations, convertible debt, internal controls over financial reporting and securities filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Seth Stein, President, The Eastridge Group. In July 2013, Stein was named president of The Eastridge Group of Staffing Companies after serving as president of Abbot Staffing Group, an Eastridge subsidiary acquired in Orange County in 2009. Stein joined Eastridge as an entry-level sales associate in 1998 and has also served as branch manager, sales manager, regional managing director and executive vice president. The Eastridge Group of Staffing Companies, founded in San Diego in 1971, is the top temporary placement service in San Diego and is ranked in the top 100 of staffing services in the nation.
- Todd Bennett, Principal, Barney & Barney LLP. Bennett joined Barney & Barney in 2006 and serves as principal in the employee benefits division. He brings over 14 years of healthcare industry experience including over 9 years representing insurance companies. Bennett’s primary focus is providing solutions to the unique needs of mid-market companies. He utilizes detailed technical knowledge around self-funded health plans, ancillary products and underwriting to design cost saving programs for his clients.
- Mike Conboy, President for San Diego & Orange County Middle Market, BBVA Compass. As market president of BBVA Compass Bank’s Large Middle Market in San Diego and Orange County, Conboy opened both offices and staffed them with exceptional bankers in March 2012. Previously, he was executive vice president at Comerica Bank for 14 years, managing their small business banking operation in the western market. His role there also included sales management and credit administration for his business banking division.
- David Miyashiro, Superintendent, Cajon Valley Union School District. Miyashiro brings 20 years of successful experience in education to the post. He formerly served as the assitant superintendent of educational services for Encinitas Union School District. In this role, he designed and implemented a one-to-one digital learning initiative as well as a comprehensive health and wellness program. Miyashiro also served as a principal in the Fullerton and East Whittier School Districts.
For more information on Junior Achievement of San Diego, please visit www.jasandiego.org.
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF SAN DIEGO, INC. works locally to impact 52,000 students in K-12 classrooms in the 2013-2014 school year. Junior Achievement’s financial literacy programs take thousands of volunteers who lead classes and experiential programs. For more information on programs in San Diego and Imperial Counties, please visit www.jasandiego.org.